Worried about money? You may be entitled to Universal Credit

Are you worried about your finances at this difficult time? If you cannot work or you are not receiving wages due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) you may be able to claim for Universal Credit.

What is Universal Credit?

Universal Credit is a means-tested benefit which takes into account the number of people living in your home and any other income or benefits you already receive.  This includes tax credits, child benefit and Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).  If you are eligible for Universal Credit, it can top up any income you have coming into your household.

Universal Credit claims can include your rent, known as ‘Housing Costs’.  In certain circumstances, you can request that the ‘Housing Costs’ element of your Universal Claim is paid directly to us at United Communities.

How do I claim Universal Credit?

You can find out here if you are eligible and how to make a claim.  If you are vulnerable or you don’t have access to the internet, you can speak to someone over the phone.  Call the Universal Credit Helpline: 0800 328 5644.

We are here to help

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you are having any difficulties in paying your rent.  We will do everything we can to help you stay in your home.  Contact your Housing Officer on 0117 942 4600.

If you have submitted a new claim for Universal Credit, please let your Housing Officer know so that we are aware of your current situation.  Once your claim has been processed, and you are receiving this benefit, we can discuss how we can work together to help you pay any rent arrears.


Translate »