If your job or your income has been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) you can get help from the expanded career coaching & support service, Future Bright.
At United Communities, we are part of the Future Bright programme offering free flexible options to improve your job prospects and enhance your potential. Our career progression coaches can help you to gain new skills or enhance your existing skills.
Already taking part?
If you’re already training with us, your coach will be in touch to talk about the best way to work together during COVID-19. This could include regular phone calls, video calls, online chats and emails; depending on what suits you best.
Helping more people
The service is now open to more people affected by COVID-19. And, the way the service is provided has been adapted to ensure you can access it remotely and safely using the latest online tools.
You can find out if you are eligible under the standard criteria or the new, temporarily expanded service below.
You are eligible if you are:-
- 19 years old and over
- Live in the West of England – Bristol, South Gloucestershire, and Bath & North East Somerset.
- You are in paid work and receiving benefits or tax credits – Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Job Seeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Employment Support Allowance, Housing Benefit, or Means-Tested Council tax Reduction.
- Your income or employment have been affected by the coronavirus crisis, including:
- If you have been made redundant, laid off or you are at risk of redundancy, as a result of COVID-19.
- You are an employee whose hours have been significantly reduced, and you therefore have a lower income (e.g. zero hours, cut from full to part-time.)
- You are self-employed and your ability to earn has been severely impacted due to the nature of your business.
- You are a furloughed employee and your reduced income means you are eligible for Universal Credit.
Contact us to access the service
To find out more email email@example.com or call 0117 942 4600, and ask to speak with one of our Future Bright career coaches. You can also talk to your housing officer, and they can refer you.
All conversations are confidential, allowing you to speak freely about your current situation and what you want to achieve.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions about eligibility or the Future Bright programme itself.