The health, safety and wellbeing of our residents, colleagues and contractors is important to us, particularly at this difficult time.
We want to let you know that our repairs team is now prioritising emergency repairs only. We want to make sure we can provide this vital service to those who need it, and we are asking residents not to call us unless you need an emergency repair.
What is an emergency repair?
An emergency is identified as anything that puts the health and safety or security of a resident or third party at immediate risk or which affects the structure of the building.
Here is a list of emergency repairs:-
- Total loss of water
- Burst water pipes or mains causing damage to the property
- Flooding (damaged contents will need to be covered by your own insurance)
- Severe storm damage
- Total loss of electrical supply. You should unplug your appliances and try to reset the trip switch first to ensure your appliance is not faulty. Any repairs carried out as a result of a faulty appliance will be recharged to you
- A major fault with electrical supply
- Complete failure of lighting in shared entrance halls, landings and stairwells
- Unsafe or overheating electrical fittings, but not plugs or appliances owned by you which should be disconnected or switched off
- Insecure external door or window
- Gas leak (should be reported to National Gas Emergencies on 0800 111999)
- Blocked flue
- Blocked mains drains, soil pipe or toilet (where no other in the property), causing flooding inside or outside your home. For blockages caused by you, we will charge you the full cost of the repair and an administration charge)
- Heating or hot water loss for elderly or vulnerable tenants between 30th September and 1st May
- Failure of a lift
- Fire damage
- Missing or dangerous manhole covers
- Offensive or racist graffiti
- Failure of CO2 detector.
How we are working to provide this service to you
- Please contact our repairs team if you need to report an emergency repair on 0117 9424600 press option opt 1 and then 1 again.
- If our office is closed (evenings and weekends) please call our out of hours emergency no. 0800 054 2180. Our out of hour’s operatives will call you before attending your home and will ‘make safe’ the repair.
- Annual Gas and Electrical testing will continue, as this remains an essential service. It is vitally important that you allow the engineers into your home to complete this Health and Safety test.
- If you already have an appointment booked for a repair, we will contact you over the coming days to check whether your repair is an emergency. We will also check if you’re experiencing any coronavirus-like symptoms or if you are self-isolating before attending. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but we hope that you understand our need to protect you and our colleagues.
- Please remember, do not call us regarding a repair unless it is an emergency (see list above). If we receive calls and we advise you that your repair is not an emergency, we will log your call as usual, but we will not be able to offer you an appointment at this time. However, if it’s possible, we may be able to give you assistance over the phone. If we cannot assist you over the phone, we will call you at a later date to arrange an appointment. You do not need to call us back to check on this unless your repair becomes an emergency in which case you should contact us on the numbers above.
Keeping in touch
We’re continuing to closely monitor the situation, and we’ll let you know more about this as time progresses. We would like to thank you for your co-operation and patience at this difficult time.
If you do need help and support on other matters such as paying your rent, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help.
We can be contacted in the usual way by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0117 9424600.