Coronavirus continues to make headline news in the press and on TV, so you will be aware of this new illness, also known as COVID-19.
We are advising residents and UC staff to take reasonable precautions to protect themselves and to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
To avoid catching or spreading germs, the NHS advice is to take the following action:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Contact us if you need to self-isolate
If there’s a chance you may have coronavirus, you may be asked to stay away from other people – self-isolate. If you are due to meet with a member of our team, please contact us immediately so that we can assist you.
- Home repair – 0117 942 4600 opt 1 and then 1 again
- Housing officer – 0117 942 4600 opt 1 and then 2
Further information about coronavirus
For more details and what you can do to protect yourself visit NHS/Coronavirus
You can also stay up-to-date by visiting the government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information and advice page.
United Communities services
At United Communities, it is business as usual. However, if the situation develops further as a result of the virus spreading, we will put plans in place to continue to serve and support residents.
We will update you on any changes, so please check for updates here on our website and our Facebook page.