Man holding his temples and looking down

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) – supporting residents

This is a difficult time for many people, for many different reasons, especially as we all try to deal with a new way of living – working at home, children off school and self-isolating.

So we’d like to encourage patience, tolerance and consideration towards your neighbours and local community during the COVID-19 outbreak and lockdown.

Taking ASB seriously
We take anti-social behaviour (ASB) seriously and we’re here to support you.  We understand that ASB can make you feel miserable or even scared in your own home, and this isn’t acceptable.  We’ll assist you and, work with you in confidence to help you report and deal with extreme behaviour.

At this time, during the Covid-19 lockdown, the way we work to resolve ASB has slightly changed. We are still working hard to resolve ASB while observing strict lockdown restrictions to keep residents, communities and staff safe.  However, we cannot enforce alleged breeches of the COVD-19 restrictions set our by the Government including social distancing and lockdown.  To report any incidents please contact the police.

Remember, you may hear more noise than you would normally with everyone staying at home. This could be music, neighbours carrying out DIY and children playing.  Here are some useful tips for reducing noise in your home.

Here to help you
If you are experiencing behaviour that causes or is likely to cause alarm, harassment or distress to you or another member of your household, then let us know.

We’ll look into your complaint and take appropriate action.   ASB is ‘persistent, ongoing and preventable.’  To assess if something you report is ASB we require evidence.  Some behaviour may be annoying to you, but we would not regard it as serious anti-social behaviour, such as children playing inside or outside. In these instances, we will talk to you about your complaint, but we won’t necessarily take action.

If you’ve already reported anti-social behaviour to your housing officer, please be reassured that we are dealing with this even though response time may take a little longer than usual at the moment.

Contact us
To report anti-social behaviour please fill out the form here on our website or call your Housing Officer on 0117 942 4600.

We are here to support you.  If need anything else please get in touch.

Translate »