Tenancy Support

What is the Tenancy Impact Service?

Our Tenancy Impact team offer support to residents who are most in need, helping you to manage money (bills, debts, benefits etc…) and giving you the confidence to eventually manage independently, taking control of decisions that affect you.  We work with local partners to deliver this support and can point you in the direction of service in your area.

What support can we provide?

Money matters

– Financial health checks and income maximisation – Funding towards white goods and furniture (depending on criteria) – Resettlement support – Energy advice – Advise regarding contents insurance – Assist with setting up basic bank accounts – Sign-post to local specialists and advice centres

Welfare Reform

– Assist with applying for welfare benefits – Assist with appealing Jobseekers Allowance sanctions – Assist with applying for Discretionary Housing Payment – Provide guidance and support regarding Non-Dependency Charges – Provide guidance and support regarding Universal Credit – Sign-post to local welfare specialists and benefit advice centres in the community

Physical, Emotional and Mental Wellbeing

– Assist in registering with a GP or Dentist – Access mental health or wellbeing support – Access support for drug/alcohol/substance misuse – Adapt your home for your physical health needs – Support you around healthy eating – Support you to quit smoking.

Employment and training

– Support regarding CVs job applications, and interviews – Volunteering opportunities in the local community – Access education/training courses – IT facilities / training.

Local Environment

– Support if you have been a victim of domestic abuse, a hate crime, or anti-social behaviour – Access a Neighbourhood Watch scheme – Access to Children’s Centres – Sign-posting to community organisations.

Community and Resident Involvement

– Preventing isolation in the home – Access to social groups, classes and community events- Social media community.

Property and Maintenance

– Empowering tenants to maintain their property and report repair issues.

What to do if you need support?

If you feel you would benefit from extra support, you need to contact your Housing Officer on: 0117 942 4600. They will discuss your situation and consider whether a referral to the Tenancy Impact Team is appropriate.

Translate »