Employment, training and in work support
Want to find volunteering, training or employment opportunities?
We are here to help!
United Communities is part of the ‘Future Bright’ programme, a new service offering flexible options to improve your job prospects and enhance your potential. We have two Career Progression Coaches, Mike Allen and Bram Tout who can help you with support, advice and gaining new skills.
Mike has worked in the welfare to work industry for over 13 years and in this time has worked as a National Careers Advisor helping people to gain sustainable employment by updating CV’s, helping with interview techniques, cover letters and applications. Mike also has a wealth of knowledge of the education industry as before working in welfare to work he worked as a Lecturer for colleges and corporate education.
To ensure Future Bright is tailored to your needs, you will be teamed up with our careers progression coach who can help you with:
- Careers advice – to identify what you would like to do in the future and help create an achievable plan to get you there.
- Overcoming barriers – that prevent you from achieving your goals.
- Improving your skills – identifying and arranging the training you need and fitting it around your current commitments.
- Balancing priorities – access to help regarding finances, child care etc.
- Existing employment – if you choose, identify ways with your employer in which you can achieve more in your current role.
- Taking the next step – providing support and advice to help you reach your full potential.
All conversations are confidential, allowing you to talk freely about your current situation and what you want to achieve.
Future Bright will improve your confidence and give you the skills you need to boost your career. Best of all… Future Bright is FREE. To be eligible, you must be receiving either Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction, or be an individual who is doing permitted work and claiming JSA, ESA, Income Support or Universal Credit. The opportunity is open to any person in the household that feels they would like to boost their career.
You can contact Mike and Bram by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by ringing our office, 0117 942 4600, and asking to be put through to the Career Progression Coaches.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Mike or Bram if you have any questions about eligibility or the Future Bright programme itself.