Salary: £70k per annum depending on experience (pro rata)
Application closing date: Monday 22 July
Interview date: Tuesday 6 August
Fixed term up to 12 months (full time)
We are a values-based community housing organisation with around 40 colleagues, and are looking for an Interim Finance Director as our current FD acts up to the post of CEO during the recruitment period.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the strategic leadership team and Board to ensure a smooth transition.
The Interim Finance Director will contribute to the wider executive management of United Communities through the application of leadership, commercial, professional and technical skills and is responsible for:
- The Finance, IT and Company Secretarial functions, ensuring that strategic planning and operational performance optimise the long-term financial viability of United Communities
- Providing financial and commercial advice and assistance to the Chief Executive, Board and Strategic Leadership Team including in relation to treasury and risk management
- Working with the Chief Executive, Board and Strategic Leadership Team to deliver our Business Plan
You should be a qualified accountant with experience of managing a team and working at a senior level. Previous experience in a social housing business is preferable.
We’re looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working and demonstrating good judgement under pressure. Our preference is for an open and adaptable personal style and you should be comfortable dealing with a wide range of people and organisational structures. Good oral and written reporting skills are required.
The culture of the organisation demands a flexible approach and responsive style of working.
We offer an excellent company pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and the opportunity to develop and further your career. More than that, we offer the chance to make a difference and be part of an organisation which may be small in size but big in ambition and reputation.
We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of our communities.
How to apply
Please read the following documents:
- Interim Finance Director Role Profile
- Interim Finance Director Person Spec
- Interim Director of Finance Benefits
Please send the following information to email@example.com
- A detailed CV (no more than 3 pages) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets, staff managed and key achievements, as well as qualifications.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission.
- A completed Equal opportunities monitoring form (Please note, this is for monitoring purposes only and will not be seen or used by United Communities)