Salary: £7.00 per hour (in year 1)
Application closing date: Friday 17 January
Groundworks Apprentice for Lockleaze, Bristol project
United Living, our contractor for Shaldon Road housing development in Lockleaze is offering the opportunity to undertake an apprenticeship with Renelec (Groundwork sub-contractor) and gain an intermediate apprenticeship in construction.
Groundworks apprenticeship will involve:
- working with groundworks operatives on a day to day basis
- Assisting and carrying out groundworks tasks such as installation of roads, sewers, foundations, plot drainage and external works.
- There will be a weekly day release for college at Trowbridge College, Wiltshire which will commence with the September 2020 intake, an allowance will be given for travel costs from Bristol.
The college course is: Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction
Course Content – This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
As an apprentice you will cover knowledge in three core subject areas:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Information, quantities and communication
- Understanding civil engineering technology
The Learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Establish work area protection and safety – general construction
- Lay domestic drainage
- Place and finish non-specialist concrete
The qualification requests the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
Minimum of GCSE grade E in English and Maths.
All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths and English.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter to Paula.Lunnon@unitedliving.co.uk who will be forwarding on to Renelec. If you have any queries, please contact Paula on 07976 689753.
There is an opportunity for more than one apprentice on this project.